November 08, 2007

TKO - 11/08/07

Do you remember the time:

Why is it that at the beginning of a relationship everything is so great? Both persons want to be around each other all the time; the man compliments his woman constantly, and may bring her flowers to woo her off her feet, take her out to dinner, movies et, then after a while or when the relationship gets serious all those things start to fade away.

I hear this from my friends, who are in serious relationships or married, and they all have experienced the ''freeze point" where their relationships have become at one point or another boring. (Yeah I said it, boring) I mean men think that just because they have a ring over a woman's finger that it means they no longer have to be attentive or cater to their woman, now this goes for woman too. (Sorry girls but you know it's true). We get so caught up in our every-day-to-day things that we really lose track of our partner.

I will be the first to admit, being a mother of three is not easy, and it is so easy to get caught up in the diaper-changing, burping, feeding, making sure that my daughter doesn't hit my baby in the head with a hammer, (well you get the picture) every day life, that I often fall short of taking time to spend with my husband; I mean I am a full time working mother and wife. I have so many responsibilities and not enough hours in the day to fulfill them, without something falling short. Luckily (or maybe not) my husband is too busy watching sports or taking about sport on the phone or playing sports on line to notice that we hardly spend time together.

But seriously both me and my husband realized that we were stuck in this every day routine and we were used to it. Now we have come to terms that we need to stay focus in our purpose, and know that our relationship comes first to everything else, we have even started going out more and taking the kids out a lot more, just knowing how to separate the difference between "family time" and "alone time". We have had a great summer and our marriage is only gotten better. So the moral of my point today is, when a relationship gets stale, throw it out like bread, no just kidding, talk about it with each other, and come to an agreement. Just remember compromise is key, for example if he wants to watch football on Sundays then join a church so that he has to go to church on Sundays, no, in all seriousness girls, if he watches sports on Sundays then compromise that Saturdays are for the both of you to go out, and fellas if your lady says I want to go to dinner and you take her, turn off you dam cell phone, I mean what is the point of going out to dinner if you phone is ringing off the hook with your lonely friends calling you to talk about sports. Soon enough you both will begin to enjoy being with each other all over again, if and only if you respect each others needs and wants.

Till next time.

Angel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home