November 16, 2007

Echoes Of The Factor - 11/16/07

UNHINDERED


Comment Submitted By Cerebral Cortex Re: "Unhindered: Comedians":

One of the things I've wondered is why there seem to be so many more good male comedians than female ones. Off the top of my head, I can name several male comedians I like -- George Carlin, Dane Cook, Kevin James, Nick Swardson, etc. -- but I can't really think of any female ones.


Response From Marie:

There are very few career comedians, and it's true that there fewer comediennes. One of the biggest is Kathy Griffin, who has Bravo specials as well as her series My Life on the D-List. There's also Margaret Cho, who has several DVDs of her performances. Paula Poundstone is on NPR a lot, and I got to see her live in Santa Cruz. Some very funny women have been featured on Comedy Central Presents; my favorites are Elvira Kurt, Judy Gold, and Maria Bamford, and their half-hour TV specials can be downloaded on iTunes. Debra DiGiovanni cracked me up when she was on Last Comic Standing.

I think that more and more female comics are beginning to make it big. One of the newest and largest types of gigs are for women comedians on lesbian cruises, something that I know both Griffin and Cho have done (though neither of them are lesbians). It's particular niches like that in the stand-up job market that are going to allow more funny women to reach wider audiences and establish their fan bases.

And, of course, it is still largely a man's world. Gilda Radner and Jane Curtain were crack-ups on SNL back in the day, but their careers didn't take off like those of Steve Martin and Chevy Chase (a'course, they are funny too).


SEXUCATION



Comment Submitted By Andy Re: Sexucation: Sex vs Sleep:

In my opinion, scheduling sex is a bad idea. There should definitely be limitations as to when and when not to attempt sexual activities as well as exceptions to these limitations, but scheduling sex, or anything for that matter, can lead to expectations, and expectations can lead to a various forms of "disappointment." When my last partner and I would "schedule" somethings, whether it was sexual or not, things always came up on her ends. Maybe she was just the sort of person who couldn't commit to anything, but these types of situations could arise in any relationship. Then, of course, sometimes this scheduling of sex, leading to expectations and all, can put pressure on either or both partners which in turn can have negative side effects on the sex itself, e.g. performance anxiety, etc. I'm not saying that planning is a bad idea. I'm not saying that sex shouldn't be considered an integral part of a couple's relationship. I just don't agree with the whole "scheduling of sex." As I mentioned, there should be limitations. For example, if you know your partner has to get up early the next morning, you should know better than to wear them out the whole night through. I remember the last time I had sex I yawn after word and the woman asked me, "You aren't usually up this late are you?" and I looked at the clock and said, "No, I usually don't stay up 'til 5AM," and she quickly left because sex had made the hours pass by faster than she had thought. Sex is good for the body and mind, relieving much stress, and my previous partner actually got a better night's sleep after each time we made love, but everyone experiences sex differently from one another, and there must be limitations if you cannot have your cake and eat it too (have both sleep AND sex.) Of course, I also mentioned that there should be exceptions to the limitations. Sometimes your partner's craving can feel like a real NEED for sex so strong that them trying to give you your sleep may actually be causing them to lose sleep, and so just as your partner will try to respect the limitations already set, you should try to respect the exceptions.

- Andy "Ride the Bull" Miller



Response From Lady Temptress:

Thank you! Sex should not be on a schedule! With all the hours I'm currently working, I had to think about this, but my love and I have come to an agreement, no late night sex if either of us have worked more than 10 hours, And definitely if we are drunk! LOL! I also agree with you, that lack of sleep does cause bad sex. I found I can't give the best blow job or hand job. So anyhoo, thank you very much! I appreciate your comments!

Until next time,
Lady Temptress


BRIAN'S SONG


Comment Submitted By Cerebral Cortex Re: "Brian's Song - Du Hast":

Alright, I'm gonna be a silly little bitch (sorry, I just saw Dane Cook last night) and ask: But do you get it? Don't worry, I was a Rammstein fan long before I knew German, but here's a hint to get you started: there's a difference between the verbs haben and hassen, and their respective informal second person conjugations, hast and hasst.


Response From Brian:

"But do you get it?"

In truth no I don't, but then again I never tried to in the first place. Rammstein for me has always been about the energy and the atmosphere. Learning German is on my list of things to do, but I'm in no rush. Sometimes you just need to take things at face value, otherwise it's loses it magic.

But what the hell do i know... I don't speak German!!

TKO


Comment Submitted By Cerebral Cortex Re: "T.K.O- Trust":

A lot of things will make more sense if you make two basic assumptions:

1. People -- men and women, young and old, loving and sadistic, maladjusted and normal, kinky and plain vanilla -- are all basically looking for the same thing: love and acceptance. They just go about it in different ways.

2. People are not nearly as evolved from animals as we would like to believe.


Response From Angel:

Thanks for your comment, I agree that everyone no matter who they are do want to be accepted and loved no matter how they are, or how they look like et. I guess it just simple, take me for who I am and not for what you want me to be. Sometimes people think that they can change their partner, but they are just leading themselves to a fantasy that will never pass if the partner is not willing to change, but in the end, if you met your partner the way they are now and that is who you fell in love with, then why try to change that person. We are who we are, take if or leave it.

Angel.


THE BRIAN FACTOR


Comment Submitted By Andy Re: The Brian Factor - 11/09/07:


Glad to have you back Brian!



Response From Brian:

Glad to be back! and Thxs for dinner!! you really helped me get my perspective back.




Comment Submitted By David Re: The Brian Factor - 11/09/07:


Kinda sounds like you had an epiphany, Congratulations.

So where do you see yourself going from here on out?



Response From Brian:


Actually I had my epiphany seven years ago, It was a life changing event and I'll always remember it like it was yesterday. Perhaps one day I'll tell the tale of that day but what I was dealing with was in essence a continuous series of events that overloaded me. I reached a breaking point and so finally I took a step back, cleared my head and I was ready to work again.

This upcoming break will allow me to fully comprehend a lot these experiences and let me really get back into the swing of things, So when we come back from break, I'll be at 100 % rather than the 80-90 range that I've been as of late. I think above all else the craziest thing was that this was the first time where my depression had no involvement. In fact Thursday will mark seven months to the day that my depression was alleviated.. it's something I'm really proud of and definitely something I hope to continue for seven more and beyond.

----------------------------------------------------------



As we close this week we want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and as always be safe, be true, be you... and remember, even if you eat three full plates of food, there's always room for pie!!

We'll be back on Dec. 3rd through the 7th and so from our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving,

The Brian Factor

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home