August 01, 2007

Editor's Note: "Touring in Truckee"

So here's my vacation story.

Thursday I went to a "cabin" in Truckee with 12 other college students/slackers/gamers/ravers. (I use the word "cabin" facetiously because it's a vacation house with satellite TV, DSL, and a dishwasher which do not mesh with my operative definition of the term "cabin".)

I had a lot of fun. There was Wii Sports, 6-player Starcraft games, and tons of liver-killing drinking (Seriously! Jolt cola and vodka at 10 in the morning?! Sounds lethal, and if I didn't see Bob walking and (sorta) talking it would be #1 on my Methods of the "Accidental" Poisoning of My Enemies list.); none of which I participated in. (What can I say- I guess I'm kinda a party pooper.) I did end up joining in on some various games of Munchkin, Flux, and Apples to Apples, as well as a long match of Othello (I won). Did some hiking and swimming too.

So that should tell you what a bunch of geeks we all are. If you aren't convinced then I could tell you about all the Megaman, Mario, Star Ocean 2, and anime references we made over the long weekend. ("I feel like Ashton right now." LOLOMGROFL!!1)
[Brian: (straight face).......wow........]

Because of my (relative) proximity to Vegas, I was able to help out Brian with the Japanese businessman. ("You accidentally fell into a fuck-pile of teenage boys, Sakamoto-san? Daijobou?" *clickclick*) (Thanks, by the way, to Mark, Geo, Kyle, and Paulie. You guys rock!)
[Brian: I forgot that you can speak a little Japanese.]

Thus, the Factor is saved from foreign takeovers and outsourcing for another year. Until Brian forgets about his unfortunate tendency of losing when he gambles next summer.
[Brian: It was only ONE TIME!!! Besides, if you think that's bad, wait til I hit New York...]

~Marie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home