June 27, 2007

Brian's Song: Baba O'Riley

So here we are... Season Finale time!

Man the time flies.

Could've sworn I just started the season last week. But what can you say?

So now I only wonder: "What the hell's gonna happen during the summer?" Well don't worry, we're in the middle of coming up with some kind of summer schedule to keep everyone entertained...

Hey Marie... Could we post up mud wrestling videos??

[Marie: Ahhh... no.]

Aww.. Crap!

Anyway, honestly though, I feel really good this week. I've got my job, my health, my friends.. it's all aces baby!

All in all life is great!

So I wanted to find a great song to help describe my feeling but I'm also in an old school mood. So who do I go to when I want Old School sounds with great vibes? The Who.

So for this week I'm spotlighting "Baba O'Riley" by The Who as this week's Brian's Song.

"Baba O'Riley"
By: The Who

Out here in the fields
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living
I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

Sally, take my hand
Travel south cross land
Put out the fire
And don't look past my shoulder
The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together
Before we get much older

Teenage wasteland
It's only teenage wasteland
Teenage wasteland
Oh, yeah
Teenage wasteland
They're all wasted!


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about The Who: http://www.thewhotour.com/.



"Baba O'Riley" is the off of... well any "Greatest Hits" album. But if you're one for absolute historical accuracy, then go buy "Who's Next". Both are easily available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

SEASON FINALE... HERE WE COME!!!

Until Next Time,


-Brian

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific song; good choice. Even if it is overplayed in movies for dramatic/nostalgic effect, and most people think its name is "Teenage Wasteland."

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home