June 20, 2007

Harlean's Song: Ode de Toilet

Bri... oh I mean Harlean's Song - 06/20/07

Some might think that Brian's cage has been sufficiently rattled lately by the whole Feminism Factor Fiasco. (ah, alliteration, always an amusing addition...) But I propose to rattle it even further, shake the poor boy from the very foundation on which he stands, by introducing to his blog a genre almost guaranteed to make his hair stand on end. Yes, I'm going there. I'm doing that. I'm talking about... COUNTRY MUSIC!

[Brian: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!]

To me, the beauty of country music is that is celebrates every aspect of the human condition. It's not all about getting drunk and your woman leaving and the train being late and your dog running away. Yes, those things are sung about, but they're only a very small part of the glorious world of country music. Falling in love, staying in love, having babies, watching your babies get married, watching your grandbabies get married, losing your job, being happy about losing your job, realizing the person you thought you loved as a teenager is really a complete jerk, the day to day and the once in a lifetime and everything in between are what country music is all about. It is also, at times, funnier than hell.

[Brian: NOOO!!! IT'S EVIL!!! EVIL I SAY!!!!!!!]

As an example, and also in keeping with the theme of feminism and what women really want, I submit to you "Ode de Toilet" by Brad Paisley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ode de Toilet"
By Brad Paisley

She says not to buy her flowers
Or big expensive gifts
She says she don't want jewelry
And she doesn't need another dress
If I want to show her how much I adore her
The best way that I've found
Is to make sure when I'm finished
I put that toilet seat down

We've been to counseling
To try and see the ways we could improve
This thing between us
And different ways to show each other "I love you"
Forget about those getaway vacations
To romantic coastal towns
If you want to say "I love you"
Then put that toilet seat down

'Cause in the middle of the night
It's cold and it's dark
And when I hear my name in vain
I know I haven't done my part
She just wants me to support her
And the best way that I've found
So with a gentle hand and a loving touch
I put that toilet seat down

I know it's kind of funny
You can teach a little puppy
But it's very hard to train a grown man
When I'm all about my business
And the path of least resistance
She's the one that suffers in the end

In the middle of the night
It's cold and it's dark
And when I hear my name in vain
I know I haven't done my part
She just wants me to support her
And the best way that I've found
So with a gentle hand and a loving touch
I put that toilet seat down
Down, down


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Brad Paisley: http://www.bradpaisley.com/


"Ode de Toilet" is the off of "Time Well Wasted" (Bonus Cuts CD) available at Target or Amazon.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

Until Next Time,

-Harlean

[Brian: God I feel dirty... UNCLEAN!!! Marie hold my calls and grab me a Killswitch Engage CD, I'll be in the shower crying... OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!]

[Marie: Awesome choice, HC! *smirk* I'm happy to have help opening these guys' minds to new genres. Variety is the spice of life, they say, and Brian's getting pretty bland. Brian! Don't take the CD player into the shower! *sigh* He needs a keeper sometimes.]

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh heavenly flying spaghetti monster, not country music!? That's just too far!

But seriously, this reminds me of a recent post I did on the ideal treatment of toilet seats based on game theory models to maximize equality. (Summary for people who might be scared away by equations and logic: the mathematically ideal situation exists when men lower the seat half the time (say, they don't lower it in the morning but they do at night).) It's actually interesting reading, and very tongue-in-cheek, given the subject matter, doncha know.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home