June 06, 2007

Eloy's Song

This week is a very special "Brian's Song" because I'm dedicating this week's song to my Uncle Eloy. Early Tuesday morning I was informed that my Uncle had to have heart surgery on Wednesday. I know there's a million details to it but it is a family matter and thus I won't go into detail.

Growing up my father wasn't around and I did have enough people to step in as surrogates but my uncle was different. he didn't act like a father but more like an older brother. we'd horse around and believe it or not he's the one to blame for my taste in music today. When I was four years old he slapped some headphones on me and busted out some Metallica,
Motorhead, GNR, Motley Crue, and of course Judas Priest and I've been hooked ever since and honestly... I really liked that.

My half-brothers never really wanted anything to do with me and he stepped up when he was still just a punk no older than I am now and he was there. I have faith in a lot of things and I have faith that he'll make through this.. besides my family is a stubborn bunch, "too stubborn to live, too stubborn to die"... it kinda became the family motto.

So tonight, all jokes aside, we here at The Brian Factor kick it old school just for you Eloy...So tonight I'm dedicating this for you man.. I love you and I know you're gonna be fine, man!!

So this week I'm Spotlighting "You've Got Another Thing Comin' " By Judas Priest as this week's Eloy's Song.

You've Got Another Thing Comin'
By Judas Priest

One life, I'm gonna live it up
I'm takin' flight, I said I'll never get enough.
Stand tall, I'm young and kinda proud
I'm on top as long as the music's loud.

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die.
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
If you think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'.

That's right, here's where the talkin' ends
Well listen, this night there'll be some action spent.
Drive hard, I'm callin' all the shots
I got an ace card comin' down on the rocks.

If you think I'll sit around while you chip away my brain
Listen I ain't foolin' and you'd better think again.
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
If you think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'.

In this world we're livin' in, we have our share of sorrow
Answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Oh so hot, no time to take a rest yeah
Act tough, ain't room for second best.
Real strong, got me some security
Hey I'm a big smash, I'm goin' for infinity yeah.

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die.
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
If you think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'

You've got another thing comin'
You've got another thing comin'


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Judas Preist http://www.judaspriest.com/

"You've Got Another thing Comin' " is the off of "Screaming For Vengeance" which is available at music stores everywhere.



Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

Please throw in a quick prayer for my Uncle if you can this week and Thank you for being always a great audience.

Until Next Time,

-Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home