May 23, 2007

Marie's Song(s): Battle Music

Today you are all lucky boys and girls. I've got three songs for you! Looking through my playlists, I happened upon one of my favorites: Villainy. (And I just realized now that the three songs I chose are all from film or tv show soundtracks, which fits in with this week's theme.)

You can download all three songs in one handy zip file here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AVSWR6WV

The first song is the fourth track from one of my favorite martial arts films Duelist (Hyeongsa in its original language). The song is called "병판의 생일잔치" and I have no idea how it's pronounced. An online translator translated the song's title as "Birthday party of bottle petal," but we know how unreliable those things are. It's probably my favorite song from the soundtrack, though the rest of it is pretty kick-ass too.

Second is "Prelude to War," from the Battlestar Galactica season one soundtrack. I've never seen the show, but when I heard another song by the composer, I checked out the soundtrack. This piece is traditionally military, with an emphasis on drums. Then the string instruments kick in, and the awesomeness value increases ten-fold. If you've ever seen "The Fog of War," parts of this song really remind of the music from that film.

The last one is "To Victory" from the fantastic movie 300. Again, lots of drums, but this one also has some vocals. No lyrics I can understand, though, so it's still cool rather than corny.

These are three songs that I crank up the volume to on my πPod to get in the mood to kick ass. (Not literally, but perhaps one of these days some soldier of fortune will get in my face on my way to the dining hall, and I'll leave him in a steaming and twitching heap. :)

Anyway, I hope you download and give 'em a listen and let me know what you guys think. And don't worry, Brian will be back with his usual selection of genres next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home