May 04, 2007

TBF: Game On

"I Don't Wanna Stop"
By Ozzy Osbourne

I don't know what they're talking about,
I'm making my own decisions.
This thing that I found,
Ain't gonna bring me down,
I'm like a junkie without an addiction.

Mama don't cry,
I just wanna say hi,
Like playing with danger or fear.
Everybody's walking but nobody's talking,
It looks a lot better from here.

All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is I don't wanna stop.

All fired up, I'm gonna go to the top
I'm as real as the world will make me,
I don't wanna stop.

Why don't they ever listen to me?
Is this a one-way conversation?
Nothing they say is gonna set me free,
Don't need to make no reservations.

To make me religious for only one god,
I don't need another saviour.
Don't try to change my mind,
You know I'm one of a kind,
Ain't gonna change my bad behaviour.

All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is I don't wanna stop.

All fired up, I'm gonna go to the top.
I'm as real as the world will make me,
I don't wanna stop.

All my life I've been over the top.
I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is I don't wanna stop.

All fired up, I'm gonna go to the top.
I'm as real as the world will make me,
I don't wanna stop.

I don't wanna stop
I don't wanna stop

All my life I've been over the top.
I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is I don't wanna stop.

All fired up, I'm gonna go to the top.
I'm as real as the world will make me,
I don't wanna stop.

All my life I've been over the top.
I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is I don't wanna stop.

All fired up, I'm gonna go to the top.
I'm as real as the world will make me,
I don't wanna stop...


Have you ever had a dream that felt so real, that it did become real?

What do you do when that happens? Could you face it? Could you look it square in the eyes and embrace it? It's hard to answer isn't it?

We are so use to looking upon our dreams from a distance that the idea of actually having it becomes.. non-existent. The pursuit is what drives us; always has and always will. We learn that it's not about what's at the end of the journey but the journey itself that is our greatest reward.

I've spent the better part of the past year in anger. I've let my pain confuse me, before I've said my vows of "turning over a new leaf and starting over" though we all knew it was all bullshit. The truth is that as long as the book was still open, I was never going to let it go.. I'm now a good four days since I closed that book for good and I honestly feel great, and it feels weird since I... don't have to be angry anymore. I've begun to re- evaluate everything and I've come to the conclusion that for the first time... I'm finally happy.

So where do we go from here? What's my great plan?

In truth, I don't know. I guess I always expected my answer(s) to come from the Factor itself. Given enough time and definitely enough work, I assumed that an idea that could work for everyone can materialize and we could use it to help shape the future into a direction that we need to go as a society.

So now here I am. Do I believe in this? I do.

What got me first involved was seeing how the world reacted to mediocre things as if they were the catalyst of war. People hurting and suffering across the land and the world were often forgotten because we had more important issues to deal with... like who got voted off of American Idol. I look at this and I feel sorry for the world. It isn't the fact that we don't care; I believe that it's mainly due to the fact that we realize what it would mean to care.

One of the hardest things in reality, is reality in itself...

We all have ideal visions and the idea of comparing them to reality is just too hard to bear at times. Hopes and dreams are one of, if not the only, last true components that give us our innocence in this world. Hopes and dreams should be nurtured and be allowed to grow for within them lie the seeds for the future. I believe in those hopes and dreams as they have been what shaped all that I am inside.

So what happens now?

Well Rome wasn't built in a day, and I truly don't know what I could accomplish in my lifetime. Some would and could say that what I do has little to no meaning. Naturally I think that's bullshit. As long as I believe in what I do in my time here, then it has meaning, Everything and anything can mean everything or nothing but it comes down to one thing: Our Choice.

It's easy to see this and assume that I've gone soft; that, without my anger, my ability to reason is compromised. But maybe, just maybe, it's not. Without question, anger can fuel a great rant. I mean I've been in a surly mood plenty of times and it's shown here but it's my heart that gives my words purpose.

We learn, we grow, we change.... This is simply the next chapter of life.

This is the next chapter of THE BRIAN FACTOR....

SO... GAME ON.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home