April 19, 2007

Brian's Song: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

So I was reading about the newest edition of the most Unsexiest men in America and I realized that they forgot me again!! I naturally blamed Marie for throwing me out of the running because of her claims that I was "eye candy" from last week. Not that I didn't like hearing that but C'mon, how can you believe someone who just came back from a three martini lunch??? (especially if there's 8 martinis on the bill)

[Marie: Those martinis aren't for me. Handsome Gabe's usually hanging around that place at lunch time. You ply him with enough liquor and he'll do a strip tease right there on your table. Until the cops come, at least. So, yeah, you can foot the bill for my lunch hour extravaganzas; you burn my retinas with your naked rendition of the Vengaboys' "We Like to Party" (and I thought that freaky bald guy in the Six Flags commercials was scary!) and you can expect consequences.]

Anyway, just getting that off my chest. So this week I decided to leave my next choice to fate as I swore in front of Emile that the VERY next song to play on the radio was my next spotlight on "Brian's Song". Naturally I prayed that I wouldn't get a song from some crap Emo band or worse, something from Placebo...(My revenge on Marie is complete)

[Every one is entitled to their opinions. But, one of these days I'm gonna introduce CULTURE to these metal-heads and pop-drones.]

Thankfully I got U2, and everyone was prety much on the same page:
I was happy (that's right, I said that I WAS HAPPY!! BE AFRAID!!)
Emile was happy
Marie was happy
H.C. was happy (though I think that may have to do with her website being up and running instead of U2, or both, you never know).
The guy handing me my burger was happy (though he was happy cause his shift was over)

Pretty much everyone was happy... Which really kind of freaks me out.

So for this week I spotlight "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" By U2 as this week's Brian's Song

"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"

You don't know how you took it
You just know what you got
Oh lawdy, you been stealing from the thieves
And you got caught
In the headlights of a stretch car,
You're a star.

Dressing like your sister
Living like a tart
If they don't know what you're doin'
Babe it must be art,
You're a headache, in a suitcase
You're a star.

Oh, no, don't be shy
You don't have to go blind,
Hold me
Thrill me
Kiss me
Kill me.

You don't know how you got here
You just know you want out
Believing in yourself almost as much as you doubt,
You're a big smash
You wear it like a rash
Star.

Oh no, don't be shy
You need a crowd to cry,
Hold me
Thrill me
Kiss me
Kill me.

They want you to be Jesus
They'll got down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three,
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix.
You're a star, oh child

Of course you're not shy
You don't have to deny love,
Hold me
Thrill me
Kiss me
Kill me...


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about U2:


http://www.u2.com/


"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" is the off of "The Best Of 1990-2000" which is available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

Until Next Time,

-Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home