April 03, 2007

Brian's Song: Ex's and Oh's

So after two weeks of back to back guest hosts, I am back in the saddle again, kids.

First off, I gotta say thank you to H.C. and Emile for taking the reins and sharing with us the beats that move them and, let me tell you this: I wouldn't mind having a few more guest hosts sometime down the road. And no, not because it means less work for me but because I love music and we all have different tastes and I believe in checking out new music, cause you just never know...

I know that I'd love to see our favorite Editor link up her iPod and share something with us.. Though I bet you, she'd choose either Placebo, Massive Attack or U2 (I'm just going with what I'm familiar with out of her CD collection) or maybe some "A Beautiful Tragedy" (if I ever finish putting lyrics on that music)

(Marie: Sure, I'll do a song, but It'll be unexpected and random and so awesome!!!!)

SO where was I? Oh yeah, so now I'm back and to celebrate "The Return of The KING!!!!!!!!"

I SAYETH WE BE ROCKIN OUT BITCHES!!!!!

So for this week I spotlight "Ex's And Oh's" By Atreyu as this week's Brian's Song.


"Ex's And Oh's"

You took me home
I drank too much

'Cause of you my liver turned to dust
Cold rust taste
A cruel creeping cold pain
Do you understand what I mean?

When you feel your soul drop to the floor
Like a hole
Like an open bleeding sore

Then you'll have bled like I bled
And you'll have wept as I've wept

Suck me down, it's time to rock and roll
Let's hit the bar, let's lose control
One false move, you took me home
One false move, you're all alone

But it looks so good and it feels so nice
I paid the price
I'll cut you out just to hear you scream,
Get away from, get away from me

And I can feel my heartbeat racing
As I realize what I must do
Get away from,
Get away from,
Get away from me

I should have turned and ran like hell
Last time I got the taste of you

I should have turned and ran like hell
And I'll see we're through

I should have turned and ran like hell
Last time I got the taste of you

I should have turned and ran like hell
And I'll see we're through
And I'll see we're through

You fell upon me like a plague
Weakness, sweet weakness

But I digress...
After all this...

You're just like all the rest

Suck me down
It's time to rock and roll
Let's hit the bar, let's lose control
One false move, you took me home
One false move, you're all alone....


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Atreyu:

http://www.atreyurock.com/

"Ex's And Oh's" is the off of "A Death-Grip On Yesterday" which is available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.


Until Next Time,

-Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home