February 28, 2007

Brian's Song: False Flags

What do you do when you see the rain..

Every time I look at it I gain so much in terms of perspective. I see the rain and I see the world wash it's troubles away, I'd often stand out there to try and wash away some of the dirt I've carried for so long.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we don't take any time to really think anymore. As we grow up, we learn to exchange dreams and wonder for obligations and realism. When I feel those moments come up on me I stand in the rain, I stand there to have it all wash off me. My wonder and my dreams are what brought me here, so for obvious reasons, I'm not in a hurry to forget them. In the rain I listen to music that inspires me and inspires those feelings, So I looked for a song that I dedicate to my friends and especially to my Editor who should be back next week so I can finally figure out why I have a coffee maker, and most importantly have someone who can keep me company in the rain....

So for this week I spotlight "False Flags" By Massive Attack as this week's Brian's Song

"False Flags"

In city shoes,
Of clueless blues.
Pays the views,
And no-mans news.

Blades will fade from blood to sport,
The heroin's cut these fuses short.
Smokers rode a colonial pig,
Drink and frame this pain I think.

I'm melting silver poles my dear,
You bleed your wings and then disappear.
The moving scenes and pilot lights,
Smithereens have got 'em scaling heights.

Modern times come talk me down,
And battle lines are drawn across this town.

Parisian boys without your names,
Ghetto stones instead of chains.
Talk 'em down cause it's up in flames,
And nothing's changed.

Parisian boys without your names,
Riot like 1968 again.
The days of rage yeah nothing's changed,
Well pretty flames.

In school I would just bite my tongue,
And now your words they strike me down.
The flags are false and they contradict,
They point and click which wounds to lick.

On avenues this christian breeze,
Turns its heart to more needles please.
Our eyes roll back and we beg for more,
It frays this skin and then underscore.

The case for war you spin and bleed,
The sales you feel screensavers feed.
The girls you breed the soaps that you write,
The graceless charm of your gutter snipes.

The moving scenes and suburbanites,
And smithereens got 'em scaling heights.
Modern times come talk me down,
The battle lines are drawn across this town.

English boys without your names,
Ghetto stones instead of chains.
Hearts and minds and U.S. Planes,
Nothing's changed.

And English boys without your names,
Riot like the 1980's again.
The days of rage yeah nothing's changed,
More pretty flames....


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Massive Attack

http://www.massiveattack.co.uk/

"False Flags" is the off of "Collected" which is available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.



Until Next Time,


-Brian

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I lUV massive attack, they are soooo good, I luv ur taste in music ;)

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home