February 21, 2007

Brian's Song: Baby Hates Me

Brian's Song - 02/21/07

Well here we are back again for another week of great tunes and great times, well kinda... See here at TBF headquarters it's just little ol' me since I gave Marie a two week vacation and I'm here all by my lonesome. I admit that you can't appreciate someone and all their contributions until they're gone. But I also forgot what it's like to be on my own again, for example I forgot how fun it is to write without pants on, or how I can blare out my Public Enemy tapes without bothering anyone, what can I say? I need a little "Fight The Power" in the mornings. Yet I can't lie, without Marie here, things are a little harder to figure out like why do we have a coffee machine since I don't drink coffee? Plus the office is a mess, and I just can't seem to locate my Platinum card...

Anyway, we are now one week removed from "V-Day" and in my experience one of three things has occured since last Wednesday:

1) Your relationship became stronger

2) Your relationship hasn't moved an inch in either a positive or negative direction and you're stuck in the same spot you were last year

3) your relationship will now be referred to in the past tense

Well, whoever had 1 and 2, all I can say is good luck and remember to celebrate Valentine's lesser known but still equally powerful counterpart "Steak and BJ Day" on March 14th. As for everyone who suffered 3, then allow me to help with the healing, in fact call me "Mr. Sensitive"...

So since your ass just got dumped and you feel like absolute shit, I found a song to help move on. When a relationship ends, you'll tend to dwell on the past and naturally go through the motions. The aim of the motions is to help you get to the point where you can stand up and say "you meant everything to me, but I'm still standing after the pain."

Want proof? Well look at me: a borderline misanthrope, with mild depression swings and split ends... who after the motions became a borderline misanthrope, with mild depression swings and split ends WITH a positive perception about himself.

So for this week I spotlight "Baby Hates Me" By Danko Jones as this week's

Brian's Song

"Baby Hates Me"

My favorite situations,
Are always sticky kinds.
I'll be the first to cast stones,
I don't let sleeping dogs lie.

I'll sing it from the mountain,
Just take me to the top.
I'll scream it 'til my lungs pop,
I'll stand here Ôtil I drop.

The feeling, Is Leaving
It's all gone, It's decieving.
If we don't stop, put me in a coffin.
Cause you and I had absolutely nothing in common.

Baby!
I know you hate me
And you can't shake me

You make me rock solid, hot and bothered,
it don't matter, I can shake you.

You used to be so special,
Now I'm bored all the time.
You think the same of me too,
Just say it, don't be shy!

The feeling, is leaving
It's all gone, it's deceiving.
If we dont stop, put me in a coffin.
Cause you and I had absolutely nothing in common.

I used to want you, (Baby)
Now I don't want to. (I know you hate me)
Time to start moving on (But you still crave me)

You just amaze me

I used to want you, (And you can change me)
Now I don't want to.
You make me rock solid, hot and bothered
It dont matter i can shake you...

Ohh baby, it's been a long time coming.
And it's just the way it's gotta be.
But I know this is one thing..
One thing we won't fight about.
And you can put my name on the dotted line...

Baby!
I know you hate me.

I used to want you (But you still crave me)
Now I don't want to (You just amaze me)
Time to start moving on (And you can't shake me)

I know you hate me

I used to want you (And you can't shake me)
Now I don't want to

You make me rock solid, hot and bothered
It don't matter I can shake you....


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Danko Jones

http://www.dankojones.com

"Baby Hates Me" is the off of "Sleep Is The Enemy" which is available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

Until Next Time,

-Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home