February 08, 2007

Brian's Song: The Line Begins to Blur

I don't know about you guys but i can remember the very first artist that got me into music. granted growing up I was exposed to a lot of music but I didn't really follow the music scene or even really try, but when I was 17, My boss gave me a Nine Inch Nails CD. At first I was surprised to get this but I remember putting my headphones on and just getting totally blown away. Hearing all this raw, grinding sound opened my eyes and ears to so much and I firmly believe that it helped to shape me into what I've become today.

By now Marie's thinking "Trent Reznor has created a monster!!!!"

It's funny how back then I didn't jack about music to save my ass and now people come to me looking for new and relatively unknown music... it's a fuckin trip.

Whether you've heard it in the news or you're hearing it for the first time here and now, NIN is releasing a new album later this year:

"Year Zero" will be released on April 17th

So to say thanks to NIN for all their great music, this week I chose "The Line Begins To Blur" By Nine Inch Nails as this week's


Brian's Song


The Line Begins To Blur

There are things that I said I would never do,
There are fears that I cannot believe have come true.
For my soul is too sick and too little and too late,
And my self I have grown too weary to hate.

The more I stay in here,
The more it's not so clear.
The more I stay in here,
The more I disappear.
As far as I have gone,
I knew what side I'm on.
But now I'm not so sure,
The line begins to blur...

Is there somebody on top of me?
I don't know, I don't know
Isn't anybody stopping me?
I don't know, I don't know
Well I'm trying to hold my breath
I don't know, I don't know
Just how far down can I go?
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!!

As i lie here and stare,
The fabric starts to tear.
It's far beyond repair,
And i don't really care.
As far as i have gone,
I knew what side i'm on.
But now i'm not so sure,
The line begins to blur...


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Nine Inch Nails

http://www.nin.com/index.html

"The Line Begins To Blur" is the off of "With Teeth" which is available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.



Until Next Time,


-Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home