January 12, 2007

TBF: A Brian Moment

"Non Believer"
By La Rocca

She belongs somewhere else,
Away from my side.
So run with what you got,
And chase with what you need.
I believe the faithful fell,
Didn't know their way back.
So far away from home,
But brother you're not alone...

And i promise to climb back up here to you,
Waiting for this message coming through...

Is it mine? is it mine?
As she pulls inside
Is it mine? is it mine?
How the lights go white

Do you take the non believers?
Cause I'm a non believer

She belongs somewhere else,
Where pain isn't hope.
And lives get every chance,
Not part of every plan.
I believe the faithful fell,
Didn't know their way back.
So far away from home, but brother you're not alone...


Is it mine? is it mine?
As she pulls inside
Is it mine? is it mine?
How the lights go white

Do you take the non believers?
Cause I'm a non believer

Do you take the non believers?
Cause I'm a non believer

Do you take the non believers?
Cause I'm a non believer

Do you take the non believers?
Cause I'm a non believer

It always feels weird coming back from a vacation and having to jump back in the routines. As much as I wanted wall to wall excitement and maybe a couple of photos for memories, things didn't go the way I originally wanted them to. Hangups, illness, holidays, new developments with friends (some BIGGER than others) and a wedding made up my time away... and honestly I loved it.

So now we're back with a new year and a new beginning for many of us. Even in a time for fresh starts, I still found ways to screw up and now i make my stand to fix those screw ups. I will always gladly admit that I am human and that I am a king in the world of screw ups, but I just pick myself up and fix it.

A common tradition with a new year is to make a resolution to better ourselves in the new year. We do it because we want to be better, cause something in our heads demands us to be perfect. Well maybe I'm a freak because I don't have that voice, instead I have a voice that says: "Don't ever hold back, and it will be OK."

I never plan to be something great, I don't consider myself anything fancy. People often times tell me different and.... I just don't believe them.

I do have faith in myself, and after 2006 I definitely became stronger. I wanted so much for things to be different last year, but I did who knows where and especially who I'd be now. In all of my experiences I've always noticed how that one event that changes you is really a deciding fork in the road, Part of you wants one path and part of you wants the other.

I'm glad with the road I took

Where we go from here, well to each their own.

As for me, I'm going to keep going, I'll be pushing buttons and get my fair share of licks for it and who knows how the world will speak of me both now and after I'm gone... but at the very least I will always be able to say that I always told you the absolute honest brutal truth....

HENCE I HAVE NOTHING TO REGRET

SO FUCK THE PAST AND EVERYTHING BAD IN IT, THIS IS 2007 AND THIS IS THE BRIAN FACTOR!!!


- Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home