May 06, 2007

Harlean's Song: Back to Freedom

So this week I have one of the greatest songs EVER WRITTEN!!!

But, Harlean asked to present another song and I gave my ok. So I'm about to turn over all control to Harlean. And as for me, well, Marie and I are going to chill out and watch some movies. I think we're watching kung fu movies this week.... hey Marie
what are we watching this week??

[Marie: Something with a lot of action, heart-wrenching and sappy love scenes, and every major character dying at the end. What other kinds of martial arts flicks are there? (Well, besides any of Jackie Chan's. Except for The Myth.)]

Cool, as long as it isn't chick flicks then I'm happy!! Now, here's Harlean:

You hear a song at random and think to yourself, hmm, that's intriguing. You hear it again and think to yourself, yes, I like that and would like to hear more. You buy the CD. You replay the song that caused you to buy the CD and realize that you do
indeed like it as much as you thought you did, and begin exploring the rest of the songs on it. You then hear something that renders your brain capable of thinking little more than... Oh... My... God...

And so it was with the CD Public Record by Rachel Sage, Track 6, "Back To Freedom".

I submit to you now "Back To Freedom" by Rachel Sage as this week's Harlean's Song.


"Back To Freedom"

What color are your eyes?
I must not really be in love
what color is your hair?
I can't exactly remember
how ruddy are your ruby lips?
I must not really be in love
how dangerous is your cruelest kiss?
I wish I knew the answer

'cause I am paralyzed and I can't see
and I suspect that I'll be the last to know
this woman who's in front of me
and how it feels to melt like snow

what whispering's inside my ear?
I must not really be in love
what poetry was written there?
I can't exactly remember
how beautiful is your beauty mark
and where exactly was it placed
how dangerous is your touch?
I wish I knew the answer

'cause I am paralyzed and I can't see
and I suspect that I'll be the last to know
this woman who's in front of me
and how it feels to melt like snow

save me from this angel spider
poison like the smoothest opium
let me see
see inside her
without losing my way back to freedom

I don't exactly remember

what color are your eyes?
I must not really be in love
what color is your hair?
I can't exactly remember
how it feels to melt like snow
like snow
like snow...


Like what you read, want to know more? Then click the link and learn about Rachel Sage: http://www.rachelsage.com/index.html

"Back To Freedom" is the off of "Public Record," now available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know. There's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

And once again thanks so much to Harlean Carpenter for sharing with us this week and if you want to learn more about Harlean check her out at her website: Poetic Pinup.

Until Next Time Kiddies,

- Brian and Harlean

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home