June 29, 2007

TBF: Season Finale: Call to Arms

Previously on The Brian Factor....

"Welcome, This is The Brian Factor..."


"Little children who've never even heard the concept of homosexuality are dying everyday, countries have famine, we are at war and people- both US and Iraqi- are fighting and dying, pollution, corruption, crime, unemployment, etc. and all we can focus on is two guys who want to get married to each other!!!! Truly, you guys need to get your priorities straight, not the people who love each other and want to get married.. "


"I do this for everyone. I could want a million things in this world, but I'd gladly give them away if I could, to see a smile on someone's face when I know I brighten their day is to me a greater high that any drug. Many will disagree, many will say what I do is pointless... but fuck 'em."


"Heores don't accept the world for the way it is, that's why we fight...... to change it for the better."


"Do I believe we as a people can escape the never ending bullshit that the government has served upon us for the last few years... Yes. Do I expect it to occur overnight... No.

The main point I was attempting to spotlight was that people need to be reminded of what the point of our government was founded upon and that the government isn't made to control the people, it was made to serve the people, people are to be in charge of our world and our future, Yes the world and it's leadership are flawed, and yes the people have forgotten who's really in charge, but it's never too late to enlighten the world... it's just a lot of work.. a lot of work."


"The world isn't perfect, in fact we're a good ways away from being near it, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to change..."


"I've been planning new features and will be working with a friend to see where it goes...."

"In conjunction with a friend, "The Brian Factor" is going to another level, we're still working on it and details are still sketchy but I can safely say this... think GLOBAL."

"I've now made Marie my new Webmaster/ Editor..."

"Marie:"And so the college student became the Official (though Unpaid) Editor and Archiver for The Brian Factor"

"Hey ya'll, Marie here. I'm one of Brian's friends. I took it upon myself to create this Blogger version of "The Brian Factor""


"People always dig the songs I put up each week and I came up with a idea. Starting on Wed. we're unveiling a new addition to TBF site, I call it...."Brian's Song"


"So tonight I'm handing the reins of Brian's Song to longtime friend of The Brian Factor and fellow writer Harlean Carpenter."


"Something in our heads demands us to be perfect. Well maybe I'm a freak because I don't have that voice, instead I have a voice that says: "Don't ever hold back, and it will be OK." "


"I know what I am and I embrace every aspect of it, I'm one, Harlean's one, Marie, my brothers. We're all mavericks."


"Guns are tools, indiscriminate tools used to pierce whatever is in front of them. In all the great debating of who's right and who's wrong, no one seems to remember the human element in all this. Guns are dangerous but people are more dangerous than any weapon we can create."


"I HEARBY ISSUSE AN OPEN CHALLENGE.. OF SORTS.

I AM BASICALLY SAYING I WANT YOU TO WRITE FOR THE BRIAN FACTOR."


Jacob "Cerebral Cortex" and Harlean Carpenter in "He Said/ She Said"


"Congratulations to Harlean & Jacob on an exceptional TBF this week. Not only did they do a great job, they gave us the highest ratings of the season!!"


"SEASON FINALE... HERE WE COME!!!"


...And now, The season finale of The Brian Factor....



Sleeping Awake
By: P.O.D.

Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me

Describe your vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
Define the riddles of my mind
Nothing is strictly what it seems

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel what I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel like I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping...

Can you see it? The writing,
Can you tell me what it means?
Translate the symbols, Enigma
Expressions keep questioning me

The message is written, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody Listen?
Prophecy, interpretate the signs
Nothing is really what it seems

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel what I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel like I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
Can you hear what I hear?
And do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
And do you feel like I feel?
And can you dream like I dream?

Do you see what I see?
Can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel like I feel?
Do you dream like I dream?

Anybody see me?
Anybody hear me?
Anybody feel me?
Anybody out there!

Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Sleeping Awake
Dreaming of Zion, Awake
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel what I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Do you see what I see?
And can you hear what I hear?
Do you feel like I feel?
Can't stop Sleeping Awake

Anybody see me?
Anybody hear me?
Anybody feel me?
Anybody out there!


Evolution
By: Korn

I'm digging with my fingertips,
I'm gripping at the ground I stand upon.
I'm searching for fragile bones.
(Evolution)

I'm never gonna be refined;
keep trying but I won't assimilate.
Sure, we have come far in time...
(Watch the bough break)

And I'm sorry I don't believe,
by the evidence that I see,
that there's any hope left for me...
It's evolution!
Just evolution!

And I, I do not dare deny
the basic beast inside;
it's right here,
it's controlling my mind!
And why do I deserve to die?
I'm dominated by
this animal that's locked up inside!

Close up to get a real good view,
I'm betting that the species will survive.
Hold tight, I'm getting inside you...
(Evolution)

And when we're gonna find these bones,
they're gonna want to keep them in a jar.
The number one virus,
caused by procreation.

And the planet may go astray;
in a million years they'll say:
"Those mother fuckers were all deranged!"
It's evolution!
Just evolution!

And I, I do not dare deny
the basic beast inside;
it's right here,
it's controlling my mind!
And why do I deserve to die?
I'm dominated by
this animal that's locked up inside!

Take a look around...
Take a look around...
Nothing much has changed.

Take a look around...
Take a look around...
Nothing much has changed.

Take a look around!
Take a look around!
Nothing much has changed!

Take a look around!

And I, I do not dare deny
the basic beast inside;
it's right here,
it's controlling my mind!
And why do I deserve to die?
I'm dominated by
this animal that's locked up inside

Why?
Why do I deserve to die?
Why?


The winds of change are always blowing.

They'll take us to places we don't want to be, as well as places we could never foresee. As I put together that little montage of memories above, I realized that I've never really looked back to when I started this. And that tells me something... I don't have to.

Anything and everything we do, we'll find moments that we would gladly love to remember or to forget. But I've noticed those other moments where you do neither. In this whole journey, I've spoken from my heart and given myself to my voice, here.

A person has unlimited potential in regards to what they can accomplish. All that is necessary to tap into that potential is motivation. In this world there is motivation for everything, whether off across the globe or even here in front of you.

The goal of The Brian Factor is not to project one understanding; it is really to promote all understanding. Everyone has fear, anger, hate, joy, love, dreams. But we often times hide them away, fearing that we either can't live up to those feelings or that people wouldn't understand them, thus creating insecurity. I grew up learning that we can't be afraid and that we can't deny who we are inside. Inside us all is a voice and that voice only needs one thing: opportunity.

Only a few know this aspect about me but I'm gonna share it with all of you: I've never admitted when I needed help.

Thanks to certain experiences, I've learned to only really ever rely on myself. It's not a trait I'm particularly fond of, but I can't deny that it's what helped keep me going especially in my darkest times. The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm working on me, one piece at a time.

So with being said, I'm admitting now that I can't do this alone. Not anymore.

I am a man of this world, but I am not worldly.

There is so much beauty here.. and much more that is hidden away. After reading the "Feminism" articles I finally saw what I've been looking for when I started this: Hope, Fire, Desire, Truth.

Or, in one simple word: People

For us to move forward we have to do two things: Talk and Listen. By now you'd say how then no real progress could happen since no one can agree to a vision other than their own. And you're right- everyone has a dream and everyone has an idea. But have you ever noticed how most ideas always had a beneficiary? What I mean is that people care about what goes on in this world but many don't want to be involved unless it benefits them. Now you're probably gonna say: "That's not true, that's not me! You don't know me!" and etc. and you are right, I do not know you. So then who was I referring to then?

Simple. The people who are doing something now. I mean let's face facts: in politics it's a damn pre-requisite; in business it's a can't-fail, solid push; and in the world... it more or less makes everything go round.

To be selfless, you fight to do the right thing, period. It is not to fight and do the right thing and expect something/everything in return.

I refuse to be that person and I aim to do the right thing: to show hope in this world from this world. To remind people that the world isn't perfect and it never will be, but that it could be better. But it ain't going to get better with a wave of a hand or a wish in the blink of an eye. No, to get better we have to work, we have to work together, and we have to go against what those who set the wrong examples live by.

So I said that all a person needs for their voice to be heard is an Opportunity. Well, I'm giving you a chance. I have decided that I do need help, I need people to speak up more, and I need to hear what you have to say. So starting right now, June 29, 2007, I'm looking around for more writers and more voices to add to TBF.

In words that I know Marie could appreciate: "I AIM TO MISBEHAVE."

So who wants to join me?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home