October 17, 2007

Brian's Song - Come to Daddy

Here we go. Week two into the new season, and how can I top Lemmy? Seriously?

I mean I grew up in a household where rock is law and thus Lemmy is God.

Oh wait never mind, I figured it out. So here we go...

In the past, anytime I wrote up a song to be spotlighted, I'd usually go for songs that had great lyrical depth. Songs that would normally fit well on a writing blog: Something Poetic or a description of an experience from life.

So now that we're showcasing videos I'd like to focus on different types of music. Whether it's hearing the song that can move you and/or something equally if not more visually impactful. I want to in general step up our game here. After looking through my video collection I found the perfect video to best expressive this belief.

I've admitted before to being a huge Aphex Twin fan. Many a time I'd be listening to "Drukqs", "I Care Because You Do", "Richard D. James Album" and especially his EP's "Windowlicker" and of course "Come To Daddy." My main love for it stems from the fact that I think it's beautiful.

I mean realistically the music can be described as random, chaotic, repetitive, sometimes abrasive (Ventolin), and at times has created a vibe of surrealism to my job or whatever I'm doing at the time and ironically I can't recall a time while listening
to him that I haven't felt more at peace, weird.

I'd like to think it was something simple like I see beauty in random and chaotic things. That or I'm batshit crazy... can't really tell.

So here is the visual genius of Chris Cunningham and the audio collage that is Aphex Twin here for this week's Brian's Song: "Come To Daddy"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353">

"Come To Daddy" is the title track off of Aphex Twin's seventh EP "Come To Daddy" available online or check your local music stores.



(I know, the album cover is a bit creepy.)

Goddamn, if I'm gonna keep stepping up my game then by the time we wrap up in June, I'll have nothing left...

Stay true, Stay you,

Until Next Time Kiddies,
-B

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how hard you like your music, but I'm particularly fond of a wonderful genre of music -- Neue Deutsche Härte, known as "New German Hardness" to those unfortunate enough not to understand German. Or Neute Deutsche Härrrrrrrrrrrrte, if you really like to rrrrrrroll your r's.

Anyway. I hereby nominate your choice of Du Oder Ich, Showdown or Hurra - Wir Leben Noch by the German band Megaherz (off their album Himmelfahrt) as a song of the week analysis thing. Have at it. Unless you're too weak to take it.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a challenge? really.. OK I'll check it out.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home