April 14, 2006

Echoes: Life and happiness

Responses Posted on 4/14/06

Comment Submitted by Andres:

Hey, I was able to read it all the way through this time. Good one. Very encouraging.


Response From Brian:

Thanks, encouragement is always a nice thing to give.


Comment Submitted by Adam:

ya I Totally agree with you on that shit. Be YOU son. Be yourself.


Response From Brian:

Fuck Yeah....

Statement Submitted by Free Dominguez:

my answer is real simple. i always live my truth, to the best of my ability. so where i am now, no matter what life throws me, at the core i am still happy. i always make sure that i "do the work" from as simple as keeping my house clean, paying my bills, doing my vocal exercises, yoga, practicing in my studio, practicing my instruments -- but also, not doing self-destructive things, and stepping outside of myself to see that i'm just a small dot and "what can i do" for others around me and those that i love.

i make my choices based on my karma (meaning my INTENTION). i've learned to not take shit from anyone; as i don't treat people bad, i will not accept people treating me bad or taking advantage of me.

i always achieve my goals, because my goals are - make music, love, always try to be a good, better, and conscious person. anything that comes with that is gravy.

when you see death, and you see real suffering (katrina, terror, disease, holding your loved one and singing to them while you watch him die), it is easy to put it in perspective - there are no 'good' times and there are no 'bad' times. it's not "anything can happen" it's "anything IS happening." it will take a LOT for me to bitch about anything.

it's how you deal with things that matters.

i hope that answers your question. thank you for taking the time. i have been having time this past week to catch up on emails, but soon that's going to change.....

:)


Response From Brian:

......uh...... Sorry i was a little star struck, I
agree with you completely.

Question Submitted By D:

Wait a sec!! if your releasing six previously unreleased tracks with "Machine and already released five more on "Threshold" then what'll be left to surprise us on "Janus" if you've released 11 tracks, that's a whole album right there?


Response From Brian:

Don't worry, they'll be plenty to surprise you on "Janus" As i've mentioned before everything i've released are just the demos, the new versions sound different and i have close to 30 songs in production, so for all we know, nothing i've released will even be on the album... except for "Life" i know that will have a place on "Janus"

D: Oh, what are you listening to during the creative process?

Response From Brian:

For influence i've been listening to:

NIN- Pretty Hate Machine
Aphex Twin- Drkuqs
Autolux- Future Perfect
Tool- Aenima
Massive Attack- Blue Lines and Mezzanine also check out their new single "Live With Me" it's fuckin badass...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home