October 14, 2008

[The Shadow Chronicles]_10.14.2008_

Chapter 2: Won’t Get Fooled Again

(Let me first start this off with an announcement: every chapter will be titled after a song I grew up with, 5 points to anyone who can correctly name the artist. The grand prize: nothing, except mad respect from yours truly for the vast musical knowledge you possess. But if you’re a woman, I may also ask for your hand in marriage. Game On!)

_10.10.2008_

It’s around Midnight on a Friday, so I guess this is now Saturday. Even though I plan to post this up next week, I got nothing better to do and figured “Why not start now”? It’s easy to get caught up in what you do, some call it dedication I call it an instilled intense work ethic. I finished posting “Echoes” earlier today after realizing that I completely forgot to post it a week prior, so now my schedule is way off and MY LIFE IS RUINED AND WHAAA!!!

Ok, honestly: I’m not freaking out, mistakes happen, things get lost in the shuffle, I’m human. Speaking of mistakes, apparently my last entry gave off a different impression that I had planned. I had previously wrote:

“After finishing up the ideas of future topics I spoke to a couple friends who commented on my recent posts. First off, I love it when my friends like my work, my only pet peeve is that they tell me, not write it! Because I need constant admiration and approval from random strangers across the land!!”

My intention was a combination of a joke on people who need constant praise from random strangers, A laugh at myself for sometimes taking myself too seriously and my admission that I truly appreciate my friends for their kind words towards my work. But as the saying goes: “If you have to explain it afterwards, then you got it wrong in the first place.”

I got more I could say but it’s late and I need to sleep since I have to be in Oakland @ 7:00 am. Pray I don’t get shot….

_10.11.2008_

6:30 am on a Saturday, to many people there is no such time and prior to today, I was one of them. A full tank of gas, the BriPod loaded up with classic rock and out the door I go, Please guide me Whitesnake and pray I don’t get shot.

_10.14.2008_

I didn’t get shot! I spent four hours at a business seminar that both made me wish I did get shot and also taught me to skip the next one. I got to spend time around Jack London Square, ate a good meal and enjoyed a beautiful day. After the morning I had I realized what I love about writing as opposed to business. You can’t really fuck up writing, business on the other hand… another story. Sure the delivery and the approach of the story are open for debate about how bad aim and delivery disrupts the story, but the overall idea/ goal isn’t. You take from what’s around you and you instill yourself into the perception and reality of the situations around you, comedy, drama, even a little science fiction, all of that can pop into your head just by standing on the edge of a pier on the edge of Oakland.

Plus with Berkeley just a hop, skip and a jump away… that gives me a great idea for TBF….

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home