October 06, 2008

[The Shadow Chronicles]_10.06.2008_

Chapter 1: Genesis

It’s 1 in the afternoon and I’m staring at a blank page… As I’m staring at the page I go over my expectations/ requirements for this week:

1. Brian’s Twisted Fairytales: Rapunzel
2. Revive Brian’s Song
3. Contact Marie to see if she’ll be posting
4. Write this week’s TBF
5. Come up with a new writing idea… oh wait, this is it.

The general idea for this is to be my record of everything that happens behind the scenes. It also gives me a place to vent my own frustrations with TBF and I feel will also present me in a different light. Or worst-case scenario: I’ll end up looking a like a dick. Looking at my general schedule I’m surprised that I even have time to do ideas like this. But in retrospect, when you have a passion for something, you make the time for it. So here I am typing with one hand and trying not to drop my sandwich with the other. Just so you know, by the time you read this, this article went through three levels of spell check because the typos and misspells were a plenty.

After finishing up the ideas of future topics I spoke to a couple friends who commented on my recent posts. First off, I love it when my friends like my work, my only pet peeve is that they tell me, not write it! Because I need constant admiration and approval from random strangers across the land!!

Ok, that’s not true. Well it is, but it isn’t my truth. Years of writing in a digital world where anyone with a keyboard becomes the opinionated messiah with a wealth of knowledge as far the wiki will take you have finally begun to influence me… God help us. Personally, I’m really indifferent to how people reply to my work, some like it some don’t. It’s how life usually goes. Ultimately I write for myself, everyone else just happens to read it as well.

So that’s what you’re probably going to come across as you continue to read The Shadow Chronicles. A point of view without any real form, structure or direction, A place where we will just ramble and burn on everything that comes across my line of sight… even if the only thing in my sight is myself. Ultimately it is everything and nothing. The beginning and the end.

Well, it can’t be the end… We’re just beginning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home