November 02, 2006

Echoes: Drugs

Responses Posted on 11/03/06

Comment Submitted By "Angel Feathers Tickle Me":

Love to all.....

Response from Brian:

And all for love..... wait, sorry I was in a "Musketeer moment"

Thank you, though, that was very sweet.


Comment Submitted By Marie:

Brian admitted that he was hyped up on caffeine while writing this. I berated him for hypocrisy, then for putting Scientology right up there with Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

Response From Brian:

YOU DAMN JUDAS!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE!!!!

Also I explained that I needed caffeine since I had spent a better part of the night working on last week's column and combine that with my day job, I was starting to make little to no sense.. and when I ramble incoherently, I want it to be because I'm pissed about something and that I'm so flustered that I can't focus on proper sentence structuring.

Plus technically, i was using caffeine for it's intended purpose, so (Raspberry)

And who knew you'd freak out this much over a Coke....

And as for Scientology, I simply pointed out a well known fact about their beliefs system. Granted I believe they'll eventually seek "enlightenment" through drinking the kool-aid and a "How to" book written by Jim Jones (with a forward from David Koresh) but that's for another day of discussion.


Question Submitted By Nathan:

So now you have an "Editor"? Who would be crazy enough to work with you? and how did you even find someone to work with you?

Response From Brian:

Yes now I have an Editor, and she's a damn good one I think, and as for how she and I came to work together.. I think she could best answer your questions..

Take it away Marie....

Response From (Editor) Marie:

"Once upon a time there was a college student. In the summer her parents brought her to their house on the top of a mountain with a very long and winding road isolating her from Civilization. She had no car, video game console, or Reliable Internet Connection. The college student soon grew very tired of watching TV and reading books, for that was all there was to do on top of the mountain.

"So the college student got an idea. Why not put her rusty Web Skillz to use? But what to make? She had a blog, and didn't need another webpage. One day she grew tired of the sub-par RSS feeds provided by MySpace.com, so she decided to play around with making a blog version of her good friend Brian's weekly column "The Brian Factor".

"It killed some time, slowly and violently and with much yelling at the Unreliable Internet Connection, but after a couple weeks she had archived everything and done a Pretty Spiffy Job, she thought. She the college student asked Brian how he would feel about having an official TBF website, and he said "Cool, Yo," or something to that effect, so she sent him the link to the monster she had created. Brian was very impressed and begged the college student to put it online and manage it, because he was very busy doing Important Things and didn't want to be bothered with the responsibility of managing TBF website himself. The college student agreed, partly because she thought it would be Very Cool if TBF reached more people and partly because she wanted the chance to Capitalize the Lowercase I's and do other Editing Changes to Brian's writing, because the college student was something of an OCD Grammar Nazi.

"And so the college student became the Official (though Unpaid) Editor and Archiver or thebrianfactor.blogspot.com."

So there's the whole story, related in a specifically crazy way. And, despite not being paid in cold hard cash, I am getting reimbursed for the small amount of time I spend updating TBF with Brian's compliments about my awesomeness and sexually suggestive remarks to me via IM.

...Though a couple bucks wouldn't be turned down.

~Marie

Response From Brian:

For someone who agreed to do this for free, she keeps bringing up the money issue alot.... and I think that whole IM thing just transformed me from a free thinking revolutionary type to Pat O'Brien's protege....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home