December 12, 2006

Brian's Song: Vicarious

When I listen to a song, it isn't about two- three and a half minutes of catchy rifts. For me when I hear a song it makes me think, about what I think about varies on the song. The good times with friends, the bad times with enemies, the love I had, the comtemplation of our own existence... shit, even just a quiet day hanging out on the grass chillin.

When you listen to Tool, it... blows your mind. their lyrics read like intense dreams or of twisted desires, or they provide you the help to look inside yourself and learn who and what you really are.

So for this week I've chosen Tool's Vicarious as this week's Brian's Song

"Vicarious"
By: Tool

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies.

Don't look me at like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother, holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky cryin,
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
Neither the brave nor bold
Will write us the story so
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
You all feel the same so
Why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain fallin' down
Drown on grave and ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the
transmitter
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out
Your head please and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
Much better you than I....



Like what you read, want to know more click the link and learn about Tool: http://toolband.com.

"Vicarious" is the off of "10,000 Days" now available at music stores everywhere.

Got an idea for a future "Brian's Song", then hit us up and let us know, there's nothing fun and more truer than just sharing some kick ass tunes with the world.

Until Next Time Kiddies,

- Brian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home