December 12, 2005

2005: The Winter through the Spring

So, thanks to a complaint made by someone who didn't enjoy my two-parter column, the F.C.C. is cracking down on me and I now owe 1.5 million dollars to the government............. I'm kidding!!!!!!!!

No, thankfully no one complained about "the sex column"; in fact one of my FEMALE!! readers offered to do a course or a report on the importance/joys on foreplay..... Yeah i know, it surprised me too..... Wow!!! The things I start just by asking the questions you normally don't ask.......... But then again, I am Brian.... so, yeah, it fits.

I'm sure we all had a great year, maybe in some catagories more than others. I went into this year with no idea what to expect, I knew what I had going in but I never thought I would leave with so much more.... I am, of course, talking about the recent changes I've made in my life and the struggle it took to get there. During the beginning of this year I had a handle on my depression and I, like all of us, had some general things to bitch about: traffic to work, work, friends and relationships, family.....the everyday stuff we always deal with. And that was my life for a good three or four months. Then around spring I became more and more stressed out. I wasn't doing anything different, my workload was the same, but I just was becoming more and more out of it and soon I honestly didn't give a shit. I hated my job, the column, having to deal with friends who were always in a jam and needed my advice or help to fix everything. I felt so overwhelmed that I was looking for a reason everyday to walk out on my job or anything else. And I know when we all think self-destructive behavior we think drugs and booze. but it's also you wanting to destroy everything you've ever worked for, everything and everyone who depends on you. You'd break promises, and you're at the point of just doing anything to show that you don't give a fuck what they want, need, or think. You get desperate, and you would tear heaven and earth apart if it means you can just be alone to breathe for five minutes........ And by the summer that's where I was... broken, confused, and hurting..................

The story continues in 2005 Part 2: "What the Summer Brings to Fall"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home